i am here.

ramblings from a crazed mind.

Monday, July 16, 2007

So yeah...the last time I was here, wow...I was on some depressed type stuff.
I found out that I had Breast Cancer in November 2006.
Scared the crap out of me. I mean, I love my boobs, and I just didn't understand how one could be "sick."
I am 8 months after my diagnosis. I feel fine. It's weird, because I never got sick. I mean, not really sick like you see folks on TV, I just had small situations where I just didn't feel like myself. My hair fell out and my fingernails turned and icky black, but other than the psychological stress, I have done well. I thank God for that.
I reflect back to the first weekend after my diagnosis. I went to Mississippi that weekend to hang out with the Blue and White family at the Capital City Classic (my beloved Jackson State vs. Alcorn State). In the airport that Sunday morning waiting for my return flight to Austin, I started thinking about what song I would choose for the situation. (Remember, you always need a song for the situation...it can be the same song or a different song.) For cancer, I chose, "We've Come This Far by Faith."
"We've come this far by faith.....leaning on the Lord.....trusting in His Holy Word...He's never failed me yet.....Ohhhh Ohhh Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Oh, can't turned around, we've come this far by faith." That is the song that has got me through because in all that has gone on in my life, He has never failed me, and I thank Him over and over for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home